Airports are frequently at the center of economic and community
development. As hubs for transportation and change, airports face unique
challenges -- accelerated by the need to offer real-time applications, support
nomadic users, and improve investment return. Alcatel-Lucent meets the
emerging communications needs of new and existing facilities with Integrated
Communications for Airports.
Alcatel-Lucent helps transform airports into secure, efficient and desirable
communications centers. For new terminals, our turnkey solution delivers
fully integrated communication-related sub-systems and services. For existing
terminals, the Alcatel-Lucent IP-transformation program enables seamless
migration of mission-critical legacy services and the integrated introduction
of new services. The result is a more secure, reliable and cost-efficient
Our end-to-end solution enables airport authorities to:
- Execute new business models that develop retail business, communication,
and entertainment services.
- Manage impact of traffic growth on facilities, infrastructure and
- Improve competitive performance with other cities and regions.
- Enhance the security of passengers, tenants, partners and employees.
- Differentiate through service innovation, security enhancement and
- Adapt to a changing environment with carrier-grade networks that meet
flexibility and scalability requirements.
- Increase profitability by consolidating networks, achieving operational
excellence and reducing the Total Cost of Ownership.
The Alcatel-Lucent Integrated Communications for Airports solution targets
the changing needs of multiple user groups -- including passengers, partners,
tenants and airport operations